OTD Legal Services is a successful, rapidly growing paralegal firm. We specialize in the defence of Provincial Offences (POA) matters, specifically traffic tickets and summary criminal matters.
OTD Legal Services is known for our above-average employee benefit packages. Our wages are above our competitors’, appropriate to experience, and we offer additional compensations, including:
- Fuel and parking costs
- Compensation for cellular telephone bill
- Average paralegal wage of $40,000 – $65,000
- Mileage and vehicle cost reimbursement
- Regular salary increases
- Law Society of Ontario licensing fees & E & O insurance
- Payment of CPD (required professional development) hours
- Health/medical employee benefits
We offer a unique, fun work environment and have regular periods of employee downtime during work hours to keep the stress levels manageable. We work as a team and every member plays an important role in supporting one another.
We are seeking to regularly add motivated licensed paralegal litigators to our busy firm. These positions are located throughout Southern Ontario.
- Must be a licensed paralegal (P1) and in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- Experience as a litigator is recommended
- Knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act is required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should have the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Critical thinking is necessary to succeed in these positions
- Must have reliable transportation
- Should be able to adapt and learn quickly in new environment
Specific job requirements:
- Courtroom litigation, including conducting trials
- Managing and preparing client files for court
- Obtaining instructions from clients
- Reviewing evidence and applying appropriate case law
- Negotiating with the prosecutor
- Case law and legal research
- Drafting letters & reporting outcome to clients
- Occasional client file reviews
- Occasional client intakes
If you would like the opportunity to work at OTD Legal, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the link and following the instructions. Only selected candidates will be contacted, but we will keep all qualifying resumes on file for future employment opportunities.