Our firm is responsible for all personal information in its possession or control. This includes any personal information that we receive directly from you or your authorized representative. The firm has:
- Developed and put into effect policies and procedures aimed at properly protecting personal information; and
- Identify a Purpose
The firm collects personal information from clients and uses and discloses such information for the following purposes:
- Providing you with professional legal services as requested including the preparation of your legal defence, obtaining the evidence against you and filing court documents as required;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of the personal information we have on file;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Facilitating payment of fees.
The firm will only disclose your personal information with your knowledge and consent. Your consent is provided in writing by obtaining your signature on our retainer agreement. Consent may be implied when you or your authorized representative such as a legal guardian or a holder of power of attorney provide us with your personal information including providing this information to government or other regulatory agencies as required by law. Subject to applicable restrictions, should you wish to withdraw your consent we will advise you of any consequences.
- Limited Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention
We will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for us to complete the service requested or required by law. The personal information collected from you may be:
- Shared with the firm’s personnel participating in providing the service requested;
- Disclosed to partners, associates and employees within the firm to the extent required to access compliance with applicable professional standards and rules of professional conduct, and the firm’s policies, including providing quality control reviews of work performed; and
- Provided to external professional practice inspectors, who by law or professional regulation have the right of access to the firm’s files for inspection purposes.
We will retain the personal information on file as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose that it was collected. The firm regularly and systematically destroys, or erases personal information no longer required by the firm or required to be retained by laws and regulations.
- Accurate, complete, and up-to-date, personal information
We are committed to maintaining your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. If your personal information changes, you are required to contact us to update it. You have the right to verify the accuracy of the personal information we have on file and if corrections or amendments are required they will be made accordingly.
We will protect your personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The security safeguards used will include:
- Physical security such as building security and locked filing cabinets;
- Firewalls, anti-virus software and regular backup of electronic files;
- Management, agents and employees are authorized only to access personal information based on client assignment;
- Authentication and passwords are used to prevent unauthorized access to personal information stored electronically;
- For files and other materials containing personal information entrusted to a third party service provider (agent), the firm obtains appropriate assurance to affirm that the level of protection of personal information by the third party is equivalent to that of the firm.
- Your right to access
You have the right to contact us in writing or email to obtain access to your personal information. With verification of your identity we will provide you with the information you request. In certain situations, however, the firm may not be able to give you access to all of your personal information. The firm will explain the reasons why access must be denied and any recourse you may have, except where prohibited by law.
If, at any time, you have any questions or concerns about the firm’s privacy policies and procedures, please direct them to:
OTD Legal Services3-815 Weber Street East
Kitchener ON N2H 1H5
Phone: [wtsphone city=”tollfree”]
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a fast, free quote, text a picture of your ticket to 226-240-2480
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.